Hive Lighting, a leader in plasma lighting for film and video has taken it’s first step into the very competitive LED market. The WASP 100-c is a fully color tunable, high CRI fixture. Hive’s Perfect S.H.O.T. system takes precise control of Saturation, Hue, Output and Temperature to produce pure and color-accurate light.
The soft flickering glow of firelight can be a challenge to effective reproduce. Shane Hurlbut’s Blog offers detailed DIY instructions for building this malleable, multi-bulb contraption that promises realistic results.
How to create DIY fire light to shape and manicure available light and make the ordinary look extraordinary.
Here’s an unusual little product designed to mount several different accessories. The Movo Magic Ball Multi Adapter features sixteen 3/8? female threads, comes with 6 rods each with multiple 1/4? & 3/8? female threads, and comes with a set of 1/4-20 to 3/8 Male|Male threaded adapters.
Should be a good way to mount a bunch of stuff over a light stand, tripods, or rigs. Excellent accessory to pair up with variable friction arms. It’s a bit unconventional but I think the parts alone are worth more than it’s retail price of just $19.99 + FREE Shipping. Find it (HERE).
Movo Magic Ball Multi Adapter w/ 1/4-20 + 3/8? Threads + 6 Rods for Accessories
Zylight, a leading manufacturer of innovative LED lighting solutions debuted a black light version of its popular LED Fresnel. The new light, which offers a continuously adjustable beam angle (16-70 degrees), will be demonstrated in the USHIO America booth (1451) during the show.
The F8-U features a proprietary ultraviolet chip for true black light applications, such as specialized lighting requirements for amusements park attractions or theatrical productions. It provides four times the fluorescent brightness of a traditional 400-watt Fresnel black light at the same distance, but only draws about one quarter of the electrical power. With its patented flat focusing system and eight- inch SCHOTT glass lens, the F8-U is one of the only dedicated LED UV instruments on the market that delivers variable zoom control.
“Black lights are a popular choice for artistic effects, and the F8-U is one of the most versatile professional UV lights on the market,” said Joe Arnao, Zylight president. “The ability to throw the source further with a Fresnel is different than most typical LED black light fixtures. Our proprietary chip was specifically designed to take advantage of our F8 platform, so lighting designers get all the features and performance they’ve come to expect from Zylight. It’s a great choice for both permanent installations and traveling theater troupes where a powerful black light is required.”
The compact F8-U collapses to four inches thick for easy transport and storage. It is also water resistant (IP54) for use in challenging environments, and can be powered by a worldwide AC adapter or even standard 14.4V camera battery. Like other Zylight models, the F8-U features ZyLink wireless technology, which makes it easy to link multiple Zylights for simultaneous remote control, and full DMX operation.
1×1 LED light panels have become an integral part of my daily workflow. While I’m very happy with the light weight, convenience of being able to work with battery power and the versatility that bi-color fixtures afford, I’ve always wished I could get more power out of the fixtures. Recently Litepanels, the first name in 1×1 LED lights, introduces their latest 1×1, the Astra. The Astra is a bi-color 1×1 LED offering 4 times the light output of traditional 1×1’s. The all new design incorporates an angled yoke which allows for greater tilt range. Integrated into the yoke is a holder for the power supply and optional battery mount. (A necessary option in my book) The increased power requires a fan to help cool the light’s components. Although the fan is extremely silent, there is an option to switch have the fan to completely operation. While in the passive cooling mode. The light output is reduced to about 2 times that of a typical 1×1. At a price just a few hundred dollars more than the old version of the Litepanels 1×1 bi-color, I’ll certainly be exploring what working with the Litepanels Astra 1×1 is really like.
Output is up to 4X brighter than traditional LED panels
– High performance LEDs with custom paired optics
– Higher intensity = Longer throw = Wider effective beam spread
Superior color reproduction
– High color rendition (CRI)
– Adjustable (daylight to tungsten), accurate color temperatures
Efficient thermal management with user selectable dual cooling mode
– Completely silent passive cooling mode
– Ultra-quiet active cooling mode with double light output
Ultra-smooth dimming from 100% to 0
– No noticeable color shift throughout the entire range
– Flicker-free at any frame rate or shutter angle
Flexible, modular concept
– Optional communications module allows the brightness, color temperature, and cooling mode to be controlled via DMX512 protocol (Additional module options under development)
– Optional yoke mounted Gold Mount® or V-Mount battery plates
– Field replaceable fan module and external power supply
Modern fixture design
– Easily identifiable and ergonomic manual controls for dimming, color, and power status
– Aluminum I-beam core construction to provide maximum durability and superior thermal management
– Aluminum accessory mounting points and lens/filter rails
– End cap exhaust vents angle downward to direct air flow away from the fixture and help prevent foreign material from entering
– Durable, industry standard 3-pin XLR locking power connector
Custom curved yoke design
– Wide, unobstructed tilt range
– Yoke mounted power supply and optional battery plates with dual integrated cable guides
– Removable TVMP connector for flexible mounting options
– Two alternate ¼-20 mounting points