For years, GoPro, the company that essentially invented the action cam, has dominated the market. Their latest release, the Hero 5 Black and the Hero 5 Session are testaments to that dominance. But in recent years, GoPro has been suffering as a business. The long-awaited Karma drone which ultimately had to be recalled because of power instability and the November 2016 announcement of 200+ layoffs has me wondering just how long GoPro is going to continue it’s top dog status.
One contender is the $200 Xiaomi Yi 4K. It’s a feature rich alternative to the Hero 5 Black in many ways, but how well does it stack up in real world use. This video from AuthenTech puts the Xiaomi Yi up against the GoPro Hero 5 Black and the Hero 5 Session. Check it out and see if the Yi 4k is right for you.
Xiaomi Yi 4K Features:
- Records 4K/30fps (60mbps),
- 720p/240fps video
- 12MP photos using a
- 155° wide-angle lens with F2.8 aperture
- Built-in 2.19″ LCD touchscreen with 640 x 360 high resolution
- Sony IMX377 Image Sensor
- 7 layers of glass lenses
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
- Rechargeable 1400mAh high capacity 4.4V lithium-ion battery
- Records up to 120 minutes of 4K/30fps video with a single charge.
- Built-in Bluetooth and high-speed 5GHz/2.4GHz Wi-Fi support for wireless remote control and the YI Action App for instant photo and video editing